Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just call me Chef Trysta :)

I have been quite the little chef around here lately and am very proud of some of the things I've made! The Tuna Avocado Egg Salad turned out well, but needed the apple cider vinegar that the recipe called for {I excluded it as that is not an item I have in my kitchen cabinets} because it was a tad bit on the thick side.

Here's the end result:


I threw a little celery and put some spinach in the wrap to add some cold crunchy goodness to the mix :) I will definitely be making this again for 3 reasons:

1. It's SUPER healthy and tastes really good! 
2. It's VERY easy to make
3. It combines quite a few of my favorite things all in one sandwich/wrap...

The best part about it was the leftover avocado. Why? Well, since I only used half the avocado for the egg salad, I sat here pondering what I was going to do with the other half. My solution? 

a homemade hair treatment 

Yep - an all-natural, organic hair treatment. I was so excited! My mind was racing with the different types of ingredients I was going to use, but I'll be honest, I had no freaking clue where to even start other than just mashing up the avocado - so my instincts led me to google. I typed in "homemade hair treatments" and found this article. After reading through it, I decided to use honey, egg yolk, avocado, and olive oil. I mixed it all up in a small bowl and this is what it looked like....


Ew, right? I know. Not exactly what I had in mind, but I was more than willing to still give it a try. I realized after staring at it for a minute that I was going to need to apply this to my hair inside the bathtub. And trust me, I'm glad I did because it was not a pretty sight. After rolling my disgusting-looking hair up in a plastic grocery bag and clipping it onto the top of my head, I sat and watched an episode of Reba {one of my all-time fav shows} while I waited for the stuff to do it's magic. My hair felt very a little weird once I rinsed it all out, but I ran a smidgen of conditioner through my hair and that was all she wrote!

My thoughts: A mess, but worth it for the "vitamin shot" my hair just received :)

One other thing worth mentioning....

I cooked this the other night and my fiance didn't even sit down before he ate the entire thing


This is broccoli and cheddar stuffed chicken. I can't put into words how good this turned out. Let's just say I will absolutely be making this again as I can see it becoming a Jackson family favorite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment